According to a press release from Tori Brown of the Georgia Department of Transportation there will be more lane closures in Cobb and Fulton counties on I-285 this weekend for the ongoing Concrete Rehabilitation Project.
The press release states:
Weather permitting, single lane closures throughout the project area will be installed at 10:00 p.m. Friday, November 8, then double lane closures will be installed at 11:00 p.m. These are the scheduled double lane closures on I-285 this weekend beginning 11:00 p.m. on Friday, November 8 until 5:00 a.m. on Monday:
- Two right lanes will be closed on I-285 southbound between Paces Ferry Road and Bolton Road;
- Two right lanes will be closed on I-285 southbound between the Chattahoochee River and I-20;
- Two right lanes will be closed on I-285 northbound between D L Hollowell Parkway and the Chattahoochee River;
- Two left lanes will be closed on I-285 northbound between Washington Road and Red Wine Road; and
- “Rolling” lane closures throughout the project area for hydro-blasting. As crews complete work in one area, the closures will “roll” to the next location.
This project will rehabilitate approximately 17 miles of concrete on I-285 from SR 14 /S Fulton Parkway in Fulton County to Paces Ferry Road in Cobb County. Drivers are encouraged to plan for additional travel time, use alternate travel modes or find alternate travel routes. Message boards, signage and barrels will alert drivers of the closures in advance.