Town Center at Cobb is hosting a blood drive. The details are in the press release reprinted below:
Town Center at Cobb will host the American Red Cross for a blood driveon Wednesday, Feb. 2 and Thursday, Feb. 3 from noon-5 p.m. Donations are urgently needed as the organization is experiencing its worst blood shortage in decades.
Why get involved? Here are some quick facts, courtesy of the American Red Cross:
- Someone needs blood every two seconds in the U.S.
- Just one pint of blood can save up to three lives.
- Approximately 36,000 units of red blood cells are needed in the U.S. every day.
- Approximately 38 percent of the U.S. population is eligible to donate – yet less than 10 percent actually do.
- The American Red Cross supplies approximately 40 percent of the nation’s blood supply.
WHERE: Town Center at Cobb – Upper Level JCPenney Wing
400 Ernest Barrett Pkwy
Kennesaw, GA 30144Advertisement
WHEN: Wednesday, Feb. 2 and Thursday, Feb. 3
Noon – 5 p.m.
The American Red Cross is following FBA blood donation eligibility guidance for potential donors who have received a COVID-19 vaccination. To determine eligibility, donors that have received a vaccine should know the name of the manufacturer. To learn more, please visit redcrossblood.org.