The next leadership luncheon of the Cobb Young Professionals will focus on creativity and the arts, with a group of panelists representing theatre, the visual arts, and creative placemaking.
For the details, read the press release from the Cobb Chamber, reprinted below:
ATLANTA (Aug. 16, 2022) — The Cobb Chamber’s Cobb Young Professionals (CYP) will host its next leadership luncheon on August 16 where a panel of CYP professionals will examine the significant role the arts play in the community and how to become an advocate for Cobb’s creative economy. Topics include Cobb’s arts and cultural landscape, the economic impact of creativity and creative placemaking.
Featured panelists include:
- Andy Gaines, General Manager, Earl and Rachel Smith Strand Theatre
- Bonnie Reavis, Founder, Zenith Design Group, and Chair of the Marietta Arts Council
- Jennifer Hogan, Director of Community, Town Center Community Improvement District, and the Town Center Alliance
The luncheon begins at 11:30 a.m. at the Atlanta Lyric Theatre and is sponsored by Yearlong Presenting Sponsor Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta. Lunch will be catered by La Parilla Mexican Restaurant. Registration is open until August 12 at https://bit.ly/3ozUhT8.
For more information about Cobb Young Professionals, contact Rebecca Chadwick at email@example.com or 770-859-2368.
The Cobb Chamber, incorporated with the state as the Cobb County Chamber of Commerce, is the largest business organization in the county.
The President and CEO of the Cobb Chamber is Sharon Mason, the Chief Operating Officer is Dana Johnson, and the Chairwoman of the Board of Directors is Britt Fleck.
Projects of the Cobb Chamber include Cobb Executive Women, Cobb Young Professionals, and the Area Councils: Cumberland, East Cobb, Marietta, Northwest Cobb (Acworth, Kennesaw, West Cobb), Smyrna and South Cobb.
On its website the Cobb Chamber promotes itself as follows:
As one of the most influential business advocacy organizations in Georgia and one of the top three chambers in the nation, the Cobb Chamber is dedicated to bringing the community and its leaders together to create jobs and strengthen the economy and quality of life so businesses and the community can achieve more.
Who We Are: We are a community of businesses working together to advance a vibrant economy.
Why We Do It: When businesses thrive, communities flourish.
What We Do (Our Mission): Together, with diverse partnerships, we:
- Attract, recruit and retain jobs.
- Help companies start, grow and prosper.
- Advocate and collaborate to enhance our state’s business climate.
- Connect members to opportunities, new networks, and resources.
- Develop workforce and support education.
- Cultivate current and future leaders.