The Cobb County Planning Commission will meet this Tuesday, July 5, at 9 a.m. in the BOC Room on the 2nd Floor of 100 Cherokee Street, Marietta, GA 30090.
The planning commission is a five-member advisory organization whose members appointed by each of the BOC district commissioners plus the BOC chairwoman.
It holds hearings on rezoning requests, special land use permits and other business related to land use and zoning, and makes recommendations to the Cobb County Board of Commissioners.
Recommendations are made at Planning Commission meetings that have a great impact on each community in the county.
But the Planning Commission only makes recommendations. It is up to the Board of Commissioners to make the decision to approve or deny any zoning-related request.
Members of the public can also speak in support or opposition to specific zoning cases that come before the board during the hearing for the case.
The outline of this month’s agenda is reprinted below (you can view the entire agenda packet which includes detailed information on each application by following this link):
Agendas and Minutes
1. 07-2022 Agendas
2. Consent and Summary Agendas for 07-2022
Continued or Held Cases
3. Z-78-2021 Dist 2 2001 Daniel Street, 2235 Cooper Lake Road (BOC Only)
4. Z-7-2022 Dist 3 4556, 4570, 4600 Wade Green Road
5. Z-21-2022 Dist 4 5120 Austell Road
6. Z-24-2022 Dist 1 4707 Cobb Parkway NW
7. Z-26-2022 Dist 4 Discovery Boulevard
8. Z-29-2022 District 1 1802 Waldrep Circle
9. Z-34-2022 District 4 4061, 4085 Hicks Road
10. Z-35-2022 District 4 259 Veterans Memorial Highway
11. Z-36-2022 District 1 286 County Road
12. Z-38-2022 District 4 5690, unaddressed parcel Brown Road
13. OSC-1-2022 District 3 2077, 2079 Kinridge Court
14. LUP-8-2022 Dist 4 264 Lee Road
15. LUP-10-2022 Disrict 4 803 Birchwood Road
16. SLUP-11-2021 Dist 2 2001 Daniel Street, 2235 Cooper Lake Road (BOC Only)
17. SLUP-5-2022 Dist 3 4648 Canton Rd
Regular Cases – New Business
18. Z-39-2022 District 4 Lions Club Drive, Glore Drive
19. Z-40-2022 District 3 1701 Old Concord Road
20. Z-41-2022 District 3 Shallowford Road, 3705 Trickum Road
21. Z-42-2022 District 4 1350 Oak Ridge Road
22. Z-43-2022 District 2 4450 South Cobb Drive
23. Z-44-2022 District 3 1900 Sandy Plains Road
24. LUP-11-2022 District 4 4509 Austell Powder Springs Road
25. SLUP-9-2022 District 4 6949 Mableton Parkway
About the Cobb County Planning Commission
The Cobb County website describes the Planning Commission as follows:
Established as an advisory Commission to assist the governing authority (BOC) in the administration and enforcement of the Zoning and Planning Act and to prescribe the duties and functions of such commission.
The full duties and functions of this Commission are contained in the Cobb County Zoning Ordinance, Section 3-28-9 134-61.
Members are appointed for terms which run concurrently with those of the appointing commissioner and are subject to removal with or without cause and without regard to any unexpired term. The Commission Chair is compensated $275.00 per month, the Secretary is compensated $275.00 per month with all other members compensated $250.00 per month.