The Cobb County Department of Transportation has posted its weekly travel advisory. covering the period from Saturday April 27 to Friday May 3.
The alerts for the week include the following:
- Sandtown Rd from Westside Dr to Beech Rd – CCDOT Roundabout Construction: Sandtown Rd will be closed to through traffic between Westside Dr & Beech Rd 4/1 – 7/31. Follow Posted Detour.
- Macedonia Rd between Barrett Pkwy and Hopkins Rd – CCDOT Bridge Replacement: Macedonia Rd closed between Barrett Pkwy and Hopkins Rd to replace the bridge over Noses Creek from 10/8 – 4/30. Follow Posted Detour.
- South Cobb Dr from Austell Rd to I-75 – GDOT Resurfacing on South Cobb Dr from Austell Rd to I-75. Overnight lanes closures Tues – Sat from 8 pm – 5 am.
- Sandy Plains Rd between Piedmont Rd & Trickum Rd – Lane Closures between Piedmont Rd & Trickum Rd Saturday & Monday – Friday. Expect Area Delays.
- I-75 Resurfacing from Fulton County Line to Allgood Rd – Weather permitting, beginning Friday, April 26 through Sunday, April 28, from 9:00 p.m. until 5:00 a.m. the following mornings, three left lanes will be closed on I-75 northbound between the Windy Hill exit and the on-ramp to the Delk Road exit.
In addition the advisory states “Three lanes will be closed on I-75 southbound between the Dickson Road and Delk Road exits. When the southbound work is complete, crews will move to close two left lanes on I-75 northbound from South Marietta Parkway to just north of Allgood Road.”
The three scheduled road closures are for ongoing projects.
Macedonia Rd over Noses Creek is closed to thru traffic between Barrett Pkwy and Hopkins Rd though Tuesday April 30 to replace the bridge over Noses Creek.
Sandtown Rd from Powder Springs Rd to Beech Rd – Sandtown Road will be closed to through traffic between Powder Springs Rd and Beech Rd until Wednesday, July 31, 2019.
Dogwood Ln Dogwood Lane will be closed from Cobb Pkwy to Mars Hill Church Rd. until July 9 for a water main installation.
In addition to road closures there are a number of projects that require closures of lanes. See the full travel advisory for more details.